Does your Lake County Home Have a Mold Problem?
In Lake County, mold can spread through a home in as little as 48 hours
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors.
This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business.
Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level.
Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy.
Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today
Hot and Humid this Summer, So is your Home!
Mold growth due to refrigerator line leaking,
Its summer and it is heating up! With the temperature and humidity on the rise this summer be sure to look for signs of mold.
Mold – Take Precautions
Mold is more than likely to spread when an environment has been subject to moisture for a long period of time. If your property has sustained a recent water damage, it is vital to remove excess water and dry the structure promptly. If there is an ongoing moisture problem in the building, it is important to be alert for:
*The presence of visible mold
*Strong musty odors which may indicate mold is present
*Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth.
HELP IS HERE
If you think you might have a mold problem, please give us a call SERVPRO of Lake County at 352-735-3311. We will be more than happy send out one of our professionally trained technicians in mold remediation to examine the structure for any visible signs of mold. .
If extensive mold growth is present, additional assistance may be required. Some situation require the addition of an Indoor Air Quality / Environmental Professional with the specialized equipment and services needed to assess and / or repair property. You may also wish to consult with your insurance adjuster if needed.
We are always here to help don't hesitate to call SERVPRO with your mold concerns today!