Smoke Damage on Trophy Mounts
An accidental fire can occur from many household items and can easily smoke up a house in minutes if it is not properly and quickly handled. While proper insurance can help mitigate financial loss, it is better to understand and work to prevent the situations that lead to house fires on any kind. Most homes are stocked full with combustible items. This list is meant to help homeowners not only identify potential issues but also lower the risk of a house fire. This particular instance was a home owner was using the self-cleaning attachment for his electric stove. The sensors on the stove malfunctioned and it didn’t shut off. The smoke was all throughout the house and his collection of trophy mounts were all affected. Whether it’s a candle accidentally burning throughout the night, faulty cooking equipment or any other scenario, homeowners should be aware of the most common causes of house fires and work to minimize and prevent accidents before they occur. When using the self-clean on your stove, it would be a good idea not to leave and be aware of what could happen. It would also be a good idea to always have a fire extinguisher ready just in case one is needed.