Ever heard the saying "if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen"? The fire in this home originated in the living room, but the whole house was severely damaged after the frayed extension cord caught on fire. Luckily, no one was inside! You can see the extent of the smoke and soot damage on the cabinets as well as the living room wall in the background. On this particular job, the ceilings and some of the walls were removed. They were too damaged to be repaired. By the time our crews are finished, this home will practically be brand new- the exterior structure will remain but the drywall, flooring, and fixtures will be new.