We are Cleaning Experts
SERVPRO is Here to Help during this time of need
During this unprecedented time caused by the global pandemic of coronavirus, this is a reminder to our customers that we are specialists in cleaning services, and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards.
We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business, according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis.
The CDC encourages cleaning of high-touch surfaces such as counters, tabletops, doorknobs, light switches, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets and tables. Other spaces mentioned in the CDC’s guidance for commercial spaces include:
- Kitchen/Food Areas
- Retail Spaces
- Water Fountains
- Sales Counters
- Carpets and Rugs
- Stair Handrails
- Elevator Cars
- Playground Equipment
- Fitness Equipment
The CDC recommends usage of a labeled hospital-grade disinfectant with claims against similar pathogens to the coronavirus. Multiple products in the SERVPRO product line carry the EPA-approved emerging pathogens claims. While there is currently no product tested against this particular strain of the coronavirus, we are following all guidelines as provided by the CDC and local authorities.
Call Today for a Proactive Cleaning
If your home or business needs deep cleaning services, call the experts today – SERVPRO of Lake County, 352-735-3311
Summer is for BBQ
10 Tips for Safe Summer Barbecues:
Dos and Don'ts That Will Keep You From Becoming a Statistic
- Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your house. Farther is even better. This includes portions attached to your house like carports, garages and porches. Grills should not be used underneath wooden overhangs either, as the fire could flare up into the structure above. This applies to both charcoal and gas grills.
- Clean your grill regularly. If you allow grease and fat to build up on your grill, they provide more fuel for a fire. Grease is a major source of flare ups.
- Check for gas leaks. You can make sure no gas is leaking from your gas grill by making a solution of half liquid dish soap and half water and rubbing it on the hoses and connections. Then, turn the gas on (with the grill lid open.) If the soap forms large bubbles, that's a sign that the hoses have tiny holes or that the connections are not tight enough.
- Keep decorations away from your grill. Decorations like hanging baskets, pillows and umbrellas look pretty AND provide fuel for a fire. To make matters worse, today's decor is mostly made of artificial fibers that burn fast and hot, making this tip even more important.
- Keep a spray bottle of water handy. That way, if you have a minor flare-up you can spray it with the water to instantly calm it. The bonus of this tip is that water won't harm your food, so dinner won't be ruined!
- Keep a fire extinguisher within a couple steps of your grill. And KNOW HOW TO USE IT. If you are unsure how to use the extinguisher, don't waste time fiddling with it before calling 911. Firefighters say many fire deaths occur when people try to fight a fire themselves instead of calling for expert help and letting the fire department do its job.
- Turn on the gas while your grill lid is closed. NEVER do this. It causes gas to build up inside your grill, and when you do light it and open it, a fireball can explode in your face.
- Leave a grill unattended. Fires double in size every minute. Plan ahead so that all of your other food prep chores are done and you can focus on grilling.
- Overload your grill with food. This applies especially fatty meats. The basic reason for this tip is that if too much fat drips on the flames at once, it can cause a large flare-up that could light nearby things on fire.
- Use a grill indoors. People often think it will be safe to use a grill, especially a small one, indoors. NOT TRUE. In addition to the fire hazard, grills release carbon monoxide, the deadly colorless, odorless gas. That gas needs to vent in fresh air or it can kill you, your family and pets.
If you do experience a house fire this summer be sure to call SERVPRO of Lake County at (352)735-3311 to help with all your fire damage and smoke damage needs. We are always here to help!
This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business.
Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level.
Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy.
Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Clean Homes Sell Faster
GET RID OF TROUBLED LISTINGS
The word is out that it is a sellers’ market here in central Florida and many investors and home owners are looking to capitalize on the money making opportunities that are becoming available. If you have a home you’d like to sell then now is the time to learn about what SERVPRO of Lake County can do for you.
It is not uncommon for a house to sit vacant for months before it is sold and in this case there may be un-detected leaks as well as insect and rodent problems that can occur. The services we specialize in can help your clients pass home inspections and generally get their homes in top show condition. Whether the problem is a water stain on a hardwood floor, a mildew smell in the closet or even if the home was lived in by a heavy smoker we offer free inspections and can come determine the scope of mitigation services that are necessary. We also offer residential cleaning services such as full detailed micro cleanings, carpet cleaning, tile cleaning, upholstery cleaning and even drape and curtain cleaning.
Let us turn a problem listing into a quick sale.
Call us today at (352)735-3311
Commercial Hospital Water Damage
Equipment drying out the hospital hallway
About 12:15 am on a Saturday morning SERVPRO of Lake County Florida received a call about a water damage at a local hospital. Our crew responded very quickly and arrived on site at 1:00 am, that was a 45 minute responds time on site. They discovered a chilled water line had broken on the 2nd floor, which affected the 1st and 2nd floor hallways and patient rooms. We extracted all the water we could then we began to set equipment. The facilities director asked us if we could keep the equipment cords from the air movers and dehumidifiers away from the center of the hallway as much as possible. We agreed with him and taped down the all of the cords that had to cross the hallway. The hospital facilities director was very pleased with our company. Great job SERVPRO of Lake County Florida
Fire in Sanctuary
Fires can be devastating to your place of worship. After the fire trucks leave, your property will likely suffer from not only fire and smoke damage, but also widespread water damage and flooding from firefighting efforts. SERVPRO of Lake County Florida have specialized fire and water damage restoration training and experience to quickly clean up and restore your Church Sanctuary to pre-fire condition. They also can remove the smoke odor and deep-clean soot from upholstery and carpet. Our SERVPRO team of professionals will carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action. In this case there are several adjointing rooms that were only affected by some smoke can be chem-sponged, sealed and painted.
Water Damage that turned into Mold remediation
Water Leak and Containment on outside wall
From leaking damaged roof to burst pipes and flooding, water damage is one of the most common and potentially destructive problems you can face as a school corporation. If not taken care of immediately, excess water in your attic can promote electrical hazards, cause expensive damage to your classroom structure and furnishings and can even lead to the growth of hazardous mold. When the worst happens, call the experts at SERVPRO of Lake County Florida. With one call, we’re at your side, providing expert guidance on what to do, with the experience to fix the problem fast. In this case we were on site within one hour of the emergence call. We put up containment do to the growth and started cleaning and moving contents to a clean room.
Water damage happens for a variety of reasons, including:
- Plumbing leaks
- Burst or broken pipes & hoses
- A clogged toilet
- Moisture behind walls
- A leaking roof
- Foundation cracks
- Refrigerator /Ice maker leaks
Whatever the cause, fast mitigation is key to restoration, and this is where SERVPRO of Lake County Fl. excels 24 Hr. per day 7 days per week. Please call SERVPRO at 352-735-7711
Smoke damage on trophy mounts
Soot Cleaning trophy mounts
An accidental fire can occur from many household items and can easily smoke up a house in minutes if it is not properly and quickly handled. While proper insurance can help mitigate financial loss, it is better to understand and work to prevent the situations that lead to house fires on any kind. Most homes are stocked full with combustible items. This list is meant to help homeowners not only identify potential issues but also lower the risk of a house fire. This particular instance was a home owner was using the self-cleaning attachment for his electric stove. The sensors on the stove malfunctioned and it didn’t shut off. The smoke was all throughout the house and his collection of trophy mounts were all affected. Whether it’s a candle accidentally burning throughout the night, faulty cooking equipment or any other scenario, homeowners should be aware of the most common causes of house fires and work to minimize and prevent accidents before they occur. When using the self-clean on your stove, it would be a good idea not to leave and be aware of what could happen. It would also be a good idea to always have a fire extinguisher ready just in case one is needed.
Commercial water loss
Repairing Drywall from commercial water loss
Water Damage Disasters at an educational facility are highly complex and require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a small school campus or an institute of higher education, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area so that normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility. Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. Your job is to provide valuable lessons and information to the students, ours is to make sure you have a safe place to do so.
Our experience in handling educational facilities cleanups has given us the ability to provide a variety of detailed services for the following educational facilities: K-12 Schools, Colleges & Universities, Dormitories, Private Schools, Libraries, Daycares / Pre-K Facilities
From county school systems to large accredited colleges and universities, SERVPRO of Lake County Florida works to make your education facility disaster “Like it never even happened.”
Please call 1-352-735-3311
Tree Blown over from Hurricane
When disasters dealing with storms strike your SERVPRO of Lake County Florida home or business, SERVPRO of Lake County Florida will be there to help. Our assistance varies from local residents to local businesses, no job is too big or too small. If you are having issues with storm damage now matter how small or large, our highly trained technicians are ready to 24/7. We respond immediately, we take pride in being "Faster to Any Size Disaster." We are experienced and have the expertise, as well as training, to restore your SERVPRO of Lake County Florida business "Like it never even happened." While your property is in the restoration process, we ensure that our local technicians will closely monitor and document you through it all. We use advanced inspection, as well as extraction equipment, to find and remove your water/fire/mold as quickly and efficiently as possible. Please call SERVPRO at 1-352-735-3311