Smoke damage on trophy mounts
Soot Cleaning trophy mounts
An accidental fire can occur from many household items and can easily smoke up a house in minutes if it is not properly and quickly handled. While proper insurance can help mitigate financial loss, it is better to understand and work to prevent the situations that lead to house fires on any kind. Most homes are stocked full with combustible items. This list is meant to help homeowners not only identify potential issues but also lower the risk of a house fire. This particular instance was a home owner was using the self-cleaning attachment for his electric stove. The sensors on the stove malfunctioned and it didn’t shut off. The smoke was all throughout the house and his collection of trophy mounts were all affected. Whether it’s a candle accidentally burning throughout the night, faulty cooking equipment or any other scenario, homeowners should be aware of the most common causes of house fires and work to minimize and prevent accidents before they occur. When using the self-clean on your stove, it would be a good idea not to leave and be aware of what could happen. It would also be a good idea to always have a fire extinguisher ready just in case one is needed.
Commercial water loss
Repairing Drywall from commercial water loss
Water Damage Disasters at an educational facility are highly complex and require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a small school campus or an institute of higher education, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area so that normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility. Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. Your job is to provide valuable lessons and information to the students, ours is to make sure you have a safe place to do so.
Our experience in handling educational facilities cleanups has given us the ability to provide a variety of detailed services for the following educational facilities: K-12 Schools, Colleges & Universities, Dormitories, Private Schools, Libraries, Daycares / Pre-K Facilities
From county school systems to large accredited colleges and universities, SERVPRO of Lake County Florida works to make your education facility disaster “Like it never even happened.”
Please call 1-352-735-3311
Tree Blown over from Hurricane
When disasters dealing with storms strike your SERVPRO of Lake County Florida home or business, SERVPRO of Lake County Florida will be there to help. Our assistance varies from local residents to local businesses, no job is too big or too small. If you are having issues with storm damage now matter how small or large, our highly trained technicians are ready to 24/7. We respond immediately, we take pride in being "Faster to Any Size Disaster." We are experienced and have the expertise, as well as training, to restore your SERVPRO of Lake County Florida business "Like it never even happened." While your property is in the restoration process, we ensure that our local technicians will closely monitor and document you through it all. We use advanced inspection, as well as extraction equipment, to find and remove your water/fire/mold as quickly and efficiently as possible. Please call SERVPRO at 1-352-735-3311
Hurricane Storm Damage
Roof Damage from Hurricane
Storms and inclement weather can be devastating to any home or business. Wind damage, heavy rain, and flooding ( Hurricanes & Tornadoes) can occur suddenly in Florida and cause substantial damage in a matter of minutes. There’s never a convenient time for flooding or storm damage to destroy your home or business. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need. SERVPRO of Lake County Florida has the training, experience, and resources to handle large storm or water damage emergencies. Regardless of your property type or size, we will respond quickly to clean the property and manage the restoration project through to its completion. For all your emergency needs, large or small please call SERVPRO OF Lake County.
Encapsulating after a house fire
Encapsulation of wall studs
Every home faces the potential for a numerous assortment of risks with the most dangerous of the array being a house fire. An accidental fire can occur from many household items and can easily destroy your home in minutes if it is not properly and quickly handled. While proper insurance can help mitigate financial loss, it is better to understand and work to prevent the situations that lead to house fires on any kind. Most homes are stocked full with combustible items. This list is meant to help homeowners not only identify potential issues but also lower the risk of a house fire. Whether it’s a candle accidentally burning throughout the night, faulty cooking equipment or any other scenario, homeowners should be aware of the most common causes of house fires and work to minimize and prevent accidents before they occur. With the Holidays right around the corner, be extra cautious when using candles and lighting around the Christmas trees and also faulty extension cords to.
Water Damage bathroom
From leaking faucets to burst pipes and flooding, water damage is one of the most common and potentially destructive problems you can face as a homeowner. If not taken care of immediately, excess water in your home can promote electrical hazards, cause expensive damage to your home’s structure and furnishings and can even lead to the growth of hazardous mold. When the worst happens, call the experts at SERVPRO of Lake County Florida. With one call, we’re at your side, providing expert guidance on what to do, with the experience to fix the problem, fast.
What is water mitigation?
Water mitigation is the process of reducing or preventing the amount of water damage that happens after a flood or due to a leaking roof, or as a result of any number of water-related problems. By taking fast action, you can prevent additional damage and cost, with our help.
What causes water damage?
Water damage happens for a variety of reasons, including:
- Plumbing leaks
- Burst or broken pipes & hoses
- A clogged toilet
- Moisture behind walls
- A leaking roof
- Foundation cracks
Whatever the cause, fast mitigation is key to restoration, and this is where SERVPRO of Lake County Fl. excels 24 Hr. per day 7 days per week. Please call SERVPRO at 352-735-7711
Why use SERVPRO
SERVPRO employee removing all drywall
SERVPRO of Lake County Florida was contacted by a customer purchasing a home that needed extensive work done to it. Its previous owner was a hoarder, so this made the job a little more challenging. After the customer accepted our bid to clean up the home, we found a few other issues with it, including it needed Mold remediation and some Water Damage restoration along with General Cleanup and Air duct cleaning. This franchise has been helping our community for over 30 years. Our Team members have many years of training and education in all aspects of the restoration industry and continue their training throughout their career with us. With that being said we went right to work and both parties agreed to demo the entire house. The customer has been very pleased with the results. Our goal at the end of any project, no matter how big or small, is to make it “Like it never even happened” Please call SERVPRO of Lake County FL. at Ph. 352-735-3311
Commercial Mold Remediation
Moldy drywall cut out & dehumidifier
Commercial Mold Remediation
Your Business is your lively hood and your customer’s health is very important. With that being said, SERVPRO of Lake County Florida was called to this Business when a water leak turned into a mold remediation. When you have a water leak and try to address the problem yourself and not having the proper tools and drying equipment you can start to see suspect mold growth. The potential client first called a Hygienist to investigate the issue and take some air samples and tape samples of the suspect growth. When the client received the report back from the Hygienist, they called SERVPRO immediately. SERVPRO responded quickly and began the remediation the next day. Needless to say, the client was very impressed with our company and would highly recommend us. Just like the logo says, "Like it never even happened."
Call your friends at SERVPRO of Lake County for all your Remediation needs. 352) 735-3311
**Don't forget that we are available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.**
Water damage with equipment
Water Damage with equipment
Always count on SERVPRO for a fast responds time!
SERVPRO of Lake County Florida was contacted by a home owner at 12:00 midnight Monday for a water damage caused from a water line leak from the refrigerator, our emergency crew responded within minutes of the call and was ready for the task. The supervisor headed to the job site within a short time while the crew loaded up all the necessary equipment and proceeded to their destination. They accessed the situation and extracted water in all affected areas. When they had the situation under control they began setting DH’s (Dehumidifiers) and air movers (fans) on the affected areas. When we finished late that night the customer was very pleased on how we took control of their situation. We told him that our goal was to make it “like it never even happened!” Please call SERVPRO of Lake County FL. at Ph. 352-735-3311
Summer Cookout family gatherings
Not watching a outdoor grill, Grease fire
10 Tips for Safe Summer Barbecues:
Dos and Don'ts That Will Keep You From Becoming a Statistic
- Keep your grill at least 10 feet away from your house. Farther is even better. This includes portions attached to your house like carports, garages and porches. Grills should not be used underneath wooden overhangs either, as the fire could flare up into the structure above. This applies to both charcoal and gas grills.
- Clean your grill regularly. If you allow grease and fat to build up on your grill, they provide more fuel for a fire. Grease is a major source of flare ups.
- Check for gas leaks. You can make sure no gas is leaking from your gas grill by making a solution of half liquid dish soap and half water and rubbing it on the hoses and connections. Then, turn the gas on (with the grill lid open.) If the soap forms large bubbles, that's a sign that the hoses have tiny holes or that the connections are not tight enough.
- Keep decorations away from your grill. Decorations like hanging baskets, pillows and umbrellas look pretty AND provide fuel for a fire. To make matters worse, today's decor is mostly made of artificial fibers that burn fast and hot, making this tip even more important.
- Keep a spray bottle of water handy. That way, if you have a minor flare-up you can spray it with the water to instantly calm it. The bonus of this tip is that water won't harm your food, so dinner won't be ruined!
- Keep a fire extinguisher within a couple steps of your grill. And KNOW HOW TO USE IT. If you are unsure how to use the extinguisher, don't waste time fiddling with it before calling 911. Firefighters say many fire deaths occur when people try to fight a fire themselves instead of calling for expert help and letting the fire department do its job.
- Turn on the gas while your grill lid is closed. NEVER do this. It causes gas to build up inside your grill, and when you do light it and open it, a fireball can explode in your face.
- Leave a grill unattended. Fires double in size every minute. Plan ahead so that all of your other food prep chores are done and you can focus on grilling.
- Overload your grill with food. This applies especially fatty meats. The basic reason for this tip is that if too much fat drips on the flames at once, it can cause a large flare-up that could light nearby things on fire.
- Use a grill indoors. People often think it will be safe to use a grill, especially a small one, indoors. NOT TRUE. In addition to the fire hazard, grills release carbon monoxide, the deadly colorless, odorless gas. That gas needs to vent in fresh air or it can kill you, your family and pets.
If you do experience a house fire this summer be sure to call SERVPRO of Lake County at (352)735-3311 to help with all your fire damage and smoke damage needs. We are always here to help!